26-27 October 2022
Turkish Qualifications Framework International Conference
Turkish Qualifications Framework (TQF) International Conference was organised on 26 – 27 October 2022 in İstanbul to bring together national and international key actors to raise awareness on TQF, share and disseminate good practices in relation to implementing TQF and NQFs, including aspects such as including qualifications into frameworks, recognition of prior learning, crediting, and dialogue mechanisms among stakeholders.
The opening speakers in both days included the Head of Section from the EU Delegation to Türkiye Counsellor Laurent GUIRKINGER, the Minister of Labour and Social Security Prof. Dr. Vedat BİLGİN, the President of Vocational Qualification Authority Adem CEYLAN, the Education Sector Manager from the EU Delegation to Türkiye Mustafa BALCI, Member of Council of Higher Education Prof. Dr. Vatan KARAKAYA, the Director of Vocational and Technical Education from Ministry of National Education Nazan ŞENER.
On the first day of the event, Senior Human Capital Development Expert Arjen DEIJ spoke on TQF in European Context and European Developments in Qualifications Frameworks. Mr. Deij’s speech was followed by TUYEP Key Expert Gerard MADILL’s presentation on Introduction to TQF.
TQF International Conference lasted for two days and included various thematic seminars with the participation of national and international experts.
Thematic Seminar 1: Inclusion of National Qualifications into Frameworks
- Mikaela KETS – Consultant, World Bank
- Wolfgang DENK – Expert, National Coordination Point for NQF in Austria
- Osman ÇOŞAR – Expert, VQA TQF Department
Thematic Seminar 2: Quality Assurance in Qualification Frameworks
- Aleksandra ZHIVKOVIKJ – European Quality Assurance Register
- Prof.Bastian BAUMANN – Director of European Quality Assurance Agency
- Nesrin DOĞAN – Expert, VQA TQF Department
Thematic Seminar 3: Validation of Non-Formal and Informal Learning/Credit Transfer Systems
- Anne MURPHY – Dublin Technology University
- Brian STOKES – Scottish Qualifications Authority
- Büşra TEKELİOĞLU – Expert, VQA TQF Department