About TUYEP Operation
“Implementation of the Turkish Qualifications System and Framework Operation (TUYEP)” is funded by the European Union’s Instrument for Pre-Accession II under Employment, Education, and Social Policies Programme (EESP SOP) and its Operational Beneficiary is Vocational Qualification Authority.
The TUYEP Operation’s purpose is to strengthen the National Vocational Qualification System’s (NVQS), VQA’s and related stakeholders’ institutional capacity, to enhance the implementation of the Turkish Qualifications Framework (TQF), to support the establishment of VOC-Test Centres, and to provide a qualified workforce to the labour market by supporting individuals getting VQA Vocational Qualification Certificates.
The TUYEP Operation consists of three components which are Technical Assistance, Direct Grant Scheme for Certification – II, and VOC-Test Centres-III Grant Scheme.
The grant beneficiaries under VOC-Test Centres-III Grant Scheme will develop and/or revise national occupational standards and national qualifications in the relevant sectors and they will also establish VOC-Test Centres to carry out the assessment, evaluation, and certification processes for the previously pledged occupations. The implementation period will last 18 months and the total budget is approximately 5 million euros.
Within the scope of the Direct Grant Scheme for Certification-II, 50,000 individuals who deserved to be awarded a VQA Vocational Qualification Certificate by taking an exam at the VQA’s authorised certification bodies (ACB) will have their exam fees refunded through the direct grant fund. The implementation period is designed to be 48 months and the program’s budget is 5,6 million euros.
The Technical Assistance Component of the Operation will aim to strengthen the VQA’s and related stakeholders’ institutional capacity, strengthen NVQS, and enhance the implementation of the TQF.
The Contracting Authority of the Technical Assistance component is the Directorate of European Union and Financial Assistance under the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Labour and Social Security and it is implemented by a consortium led by GOPA Danışmanlık Ltd.Şti. and consist of GOPA Consultants, GOPA Worldwide Consultants (GOPA EEP), INTEGRATION International Management Consultants, IBE Educational Research Institute, and Hasan Kalyoncu University. The Technical Assistance component has officially begun on 25 November 2019 with the Kick-Off Meeting and will continue for 36 months with a budget of 4,7 million euros.
Activities to be Implemented under the Technical Assistance Component:
- Comprehensive and varied trainings, briefings, and workshops will be organised for VQA and its stakeholders, and guidelines and toolkits will be prepared for VQA activities.
- A benchmarking will be carried out with European Union member states on certain issues.
- Guidelines and reports will be prepared on the National Qualification System’s Quality Assurance system and studies will be carried out to improve audit and external verification processes with workshops.
- TQF’s regulation, procedures, and documents will be revised and updated, guidelines, toolkits, procedures, and criteria will be prepared on certain issues, and stakeholders will be trained on TQF.
- VQA and TQF’s websites will be renovated and VQA Portal will be improved.
- Opening and closing conferences, national and international conferences on NQS and TQF, promotional seminars on TQF, and regional briefings on NQS will be organised under awareness-raising activities. In addition, promotional and publicity materials, training videos, and spot films will be prepared.
- Study visits, work shadowings, and peer learning activities will be carried out to review examples from European Union member states.